One week of winter



Just got back from a week of skiing in real winter with a lot of snow and it was more than amazing! I was eagerly waiting for this week to come as I was sure that Sölden is as snow-secure as it can be and lucky me, my expectations became reality upon arrival and facing the gigantic Alps.

There are no words to describe the feelings I had when getting to the peak of a mountain and seeing the whole valley under my feet; when I was standing well above 3000 meters above the sea level and everything I could see was white, similar to hundreds of peaks being covered with tablecloth; when skiing downhill and I took a break in a valley and around me the "giants" were standing as some monuments.

We had a rest-day too after the 4th day of skiing when we took the opportunity to visit Innsbruck, a city which lies on 500 metres in the valley of Inn between mountains reaching altitudes of 2500m, thus the views are quite impressive from nearly anywhere in the city. Next time, I will definitely spend more time in the city to explore its nightlife liveliness in its bars, pubs and restaurants.

One year left until the next similar experience and I will be longing back to this place for sure until that day comes.

Now, have a look at the photos below to get an insight to the beautiful winter-world of the Alps. :)

View from room.




On the way back to our accommodation.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram feed