Flavours of Serbia


This fall the destination of our inter-company annual study trip fell on Belgrade. Probably not being alone with this feeling among my colleagues, I had no expectations at all before flying to Belgrade about the outcome of this trip, what's more, I felt a tiny bit of anxiety. Little did I know what was I about to experience in the upcoming 6 days in the beginning of October. We had it all: the bonding between the warmly welcoming Serbian colleagues and our office, mixture of food and drinks that melted in our mouth reminding me of home and last but not least long nights getting lost in the city. That's why couple of us decided to stay two full days more to explore the Serbian capital even more. We had fun! :)
My perception of this former Yugoslavian country has drastically changed towards the better. The improvements in Serbia since my last visit in the country, which occurred exactly one decade ago, are clearly visible. So, folk, don't listen to the stereotypes, they can easily be crushed by a simple visit to a place you have doubts about, building your own image and proving all you heard before wrong.

My shots are totally random as we had part of various activities thanks to our local guide, so you can find glasses of rakia, vegetables which were about to be transformed into yummy food, various spots from Belgrade including brutalist residential blocks, views from the fortress and the hard-to-miss bridge over the Sava.

Writing this almost three months after the trip just between Christmas and New Year makes me realise how much I'm lagging with the tons of pictures I still have in the queue. But, patience gives pictures, so hold on, I'll start the new year with another adventure I had just three days after returning back to Stockholm from Belgrade. See you later back here! :)




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram feed