Summer Eurotrip - part I - Germany


Lately I've been sitting on a pile of photos due to the lack of time to process thme, however since their number still just keeps increasing, I finally decided to start sharing them with you.
To begin with here comes the first part of a 9-days-long Eurotrip which I made back at the end of August and the beginning of September when I visited one friend in each of the countries: Germany, Italy and Spain.

The flight towards Germany took place on the 25th of August with Frankfurt as destination from where I was supposed to catch a train to Solingen, a city near Cologne. However the trip didn't start as smooth as I wished to, arriving one and a half hour late, I just missed the ICE (not -cream, but train). After long waiting in queues, getting new ticket and 2 hours later I caught another train and I was on the way again. Needless to say that Jenny, Laura and Márton were all eagerly waiting for my arrival so we could later head off to Düsseldorf, where I start showing my pictures from down below. After walking around the MedienHafen and taking the elevator up to the TV tower we treated ourselves with food and drinks in the Old Town surrounded by dozens of football fans (unfortunately the home team lost the game but that won't make supporters any more sad). After not having slept too much in Stockholm before the trip started due to a well-succeeded night with colleagues and friends, the Saturday night wasn't shorter either. 
Needless to say, our next day started a bit slower, the day when we paid a visit in Cologne, checking out the Chocolate Museum, the Old Town, the cathedral and of course some tasty Bratwurst and Kölsch. At the end of the day, before catching the train back to Solingen we sat by the Rhein and enjoyed the moment for a while.
On Monday we visited Schloss Burg and Wuppertal which is famous for its suspension railway system (Schwebebahn). It was really cool to ride that! At the end of the day I had the privilege to join Jenny and her family in a local bar in Solingen which also meant the last day of my stay with them in Germany.
Next morning I got a pleasant surprise for my birthday: a cake and some local specialities, Haribo! What a way to start the day when couple of hours later I was sitting again at the airport about to take a flight to Italy where the second part of the journey began.


Writing this blog post 3 months after it happened, I wish to express once again my gratitude to Jenny for the lovely time spent together, which all started after bumping into each other in a hostel room in Sydney. It was a pleasure to catch up on the continent we actually live on. :)


Now it's time for the first set of pictures, enjoy!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram feed